Club History

 
The Scarsdale Golf Club was formed on May 31, 1898 to help attract more people to the Scarsdale community and to provide recreational opportunities for the families in the area. Its first Members included many of Scarsdale’s most prominent citizens. The club has maintained its character as a family Club strongly rooted in the local community for over one hundred years and its Membership truly reflects the diverse society in which it exists. Today, the Scarsdale Golf Club offers its members six Har-Tru tennis courts, four excellent paddle tennis courts, a large family-oriented swimming facility, six bowling lanes, and many activities for children, as well as a competitive, professionally manicured, Tillinghast golf course known throughout the region to be a rewarding challenge to all levels of golfing expertise.

The clubhouse, built in 1921, was renovated in 2004 and offers not only superb dining but multiple holiday-oriented events and occasions for entertainment. The reason Scarsdale Golf Cub has been so successful in fulfilling its goals over the years has been due in great measure to the efforts of those Members who have served on the Board of Governors and headed the Club’s various committees. The hard work and dedication of the membership and the professional staff have positioned the Club to move into the next millennium as an extremely enjoyable recreational family facility.